For information regarding any area of our Adult 50+ ministry, please contact Tina Tong
| 909-629-5277 x3021
Adults 50+ Groups
- Many life groups, bible studies and ministry opportunities are available. See our online resources for more information.
- Single? Join a Rooted Group for you!
Adults 50+ Luncheons
- Monthly Luncheons – 2nd Wednesday of each month (except January & August) ♦ 11:30 am – 1:00 pm ♦ H100
Each luncheon includes a delicious meals, games, prizes, a wonderful performance, a special message from Pastor Randy Gardner and fellowship with other seniors. Blood Pressure Screening is available prior to each luncheon. Cost: $7. Registration and payment are due in the office prior to the event.
Adults 50+ Health Ministries
- Blood Pressure Screenings – 3rd Sunday of each month ♦ before each service ♦ Worship Center Lobby
Provided in the south side of the main lobby by our parish nurses.
- Bone Builders – Wednesdays & Fridays ♦ 9 – 10:30am ♦ C101
This twice-a-week class offers exercises that strengthen bones to increase bone density, to prevent Osteoporosis and improve balance. Cost: FREE.
To register, contact Linda 909-621-9900
- Resource Day – Selected Sundays ♦ 11:15am-12:30pm ♦ C104
Resource classes help educate and equip seniors and their family members. Lunch included. Cost: $5
- March 13 – What’s Your Scam IQ?
- June 12 – Technology Workshop
- September 11 – Living Legacy (Life Planning)
- November 13 – Brain Health
Adults 50+ Day Trips
- Day Trips
Enjoy a fun day with other seniors in the church! Cost: varies
- May 19 – Vatican Splendors at the Reagan Library
- October 6 – Oak Glen
Adults 50+ Service Opportunities
- A Time of Prayer – every Sunday ♦ Prayer Room
Join our Prayer Team to bless those who are hurting physically and emotionally with prayer.
- Bereavement Team
Prepare luncheons after funerals to comfort those who’ve lost loved ones.
- C.A.R.S. (Christian Automobile Repair Services) – Thrice a year ♦ February, June, October
Basic auto maintenance and inspection ministry for the women of the church.
For information & registration, contact Ronnie Goins 909-985-8193
- Funeral Team
Assist families before, during and after funeral services by setting up floral arrangements, greeting & directing guests.
- Hospital Visitation
Visit church members while they are in the hospital. Encourage them with kind words while being a friendly face during their time of need.
- Prayer Shawls – 2nd Wednesday of each month ♦ 9:30 – 11:30 am ♦ C203
Knit and crochet shawls for those who have lost a loved one or who is suffering from illnesses. Prayer Shawls symbolize comfort, peace and spiritual sustenance. Monetary and unused yarn donations appreciated. Experienced and new knitters welcomed!
Questions? Contact Mary Wallace 909-908-6380
- Set-Up, Serve, and Clean-Up
Help with set-up, serving, or clean-up for 50+ monthly Luncheons, Resource Days and other special events.
- V.I.P.S. (Volunteers in Pastoral Service)
Provide comfort to the home-bound by administer compassion, companionship, care, prayer, and communion to these “Blessed Ones”.
Adults 50+ Mission Trips/Vacations With A Purpose
- Several trips are planned each year, both domestic and international, that put participants on the front lines of ministering the Good News of Jesus Christ. Take your skills, passions, talents and resources to the mission field and watch God use them like never before!
Adults 50+ Support Groups
- Care Takers Support Group – Every 2nd Sunday of each month ♦ 12:30pm in H103. Caretakers gather to pray and discuss challenges faced.
- Grief Share – Join this 13-week support group for those who are grieving the death of loved ones. Groups start February & September. (see Recovery Page for details)
- Wings – 1st Tuesday of each month ♦ 6 – 7:30 pm
‘Wings’ is a Women’s Cancer Support Group for those who have cancer, have had cancer or know a loved one with cancer.
For details, contact: Terry Hope Richard 909-706-9074
- Contact the church office if you would like to serve or need help in areas of healthcare, housing, medical services, websites for seniors, support groups and more.