In Acts 1:8 Jesus told His followers to work in their home towns and surrounding communities sharing the wonderful news of His life, death, resurrection, and return. Global Impact Ministries takes this to heart as we see lives changed in the city of Pomona and in the broader Inland Valley region with the message of His wonderful salvation. Our ministry of compassion to those in need puts to action Jesus’ teaching about ministry among those who are poor. With a belief that Kingdom values enrich lives and restores communities, we work with others in our city and valley in holistic outreach. Caring for the homeless, educating children through Pomona Youth Club (PYC) and ministering to immigrants and refugees through our Global Ministries, are among the many local avenues of service.
Each month Purpose distributes furniture to families who are in need. Many of these families are just moving into the area or are going from transitional to more permanent housing. Our church family donates the items in clean, working condition. Items needed include — dressers, dining room sets, refrigerators, microwaves, and twin, full or queen beds. We are in need of volunteers to help pick up and deliver furniture and to manage our store room.
The Purpose Clothing Room, open every Tuesday morning, from 9-11am, offers gently used clothing, shoes and linens. Donations may be dropped off during the week at our Administration Center.
Monthly Community/Homeless Outreach
Every fourth Saturday, homeless people and families in financial crisis, enjoy a delicious hot meal and dessert in our gymnasium, served by volunteers from area churches. Additionally, clothes and hygiene items are distributed, and haircuts and shampooing are available. Chiropractic services are available and there is an onsite medical clinic that comes regularly.
Beta Center Food Distribution Center
In conjunction with Hope Partners, we host the local food bank where families in need can periodically receive a box of food, along with bread, fresh fruits and vegetables as available. Open Monday through Thursday, 9am-3pm.
ADDITIONAL MINISTRIES AND PARTNERS SERVING LOCAL YOUTH AND FAMILIES
- Continuum of Care of Pomona – Coordinating homeless services within Pomona
- Farmer’s Market-Providing fresh, healthy produce, direct from the farm
- Hope Partners-Offering hope to those struggling to make ends meet
- P3 – Partnership for a Positive Pomona – Drug Free Community Coalition-Encouraging youth and families to be drug free and to avoid substance and alcohol abuse and addiction
- Pomona New Community Vocational Academy – low cost Christian Vocational High School
- Pomona Unified School Superintendent’s Faith-based Roundtable
- Pomona Youth & Family Master Plan Community Board
- Pomona Youth Club-Tutoring and mentoring neighborhood children, K-8
- Purple Tapestry – Ministering to survivors of domestic violence
- Strengthening Families – Building communication and resiliency skills with the whole family
- Tri-City Mental Health-Partnering to strengthen community wellbeing
- Youth Sports/ Summer Basketball Program.- Coaching and mentoring children at-risk through sports
Comunidad Esperanza — Spanish
Worship – Sundays at 11:11 am in B100
Spanish Bible Study – Wednesdays at 7pm in G102
Noche de Familias – Fourth Friday at 7pm in H104
Hispanic Sports – Second and Third Saturday at 6pm in the gym
Karen/Burmese Fellowship – Karen
First Sunday at 1 pm, in H104
International Fellowship — English
Sundays at 11:11 am in A100, Thursday Bible Study at 7 pm
H1F1 – International Students – English
Sundays at 11:11am in G100