At Purpose Church Adults 50+ find significance in the second half of life as they discover how to finish life well! We are seeking to better understand God, His Word, and His work through study, service, and declaring God’s power to future generations.
December 14, 2022, 11:30am
The next Adults 50+ luncheon will take place on Wednesday, December 14 at 11:30am in H100! Come join us and enjoy delicious food, raffle prizes, and fellowship! Lunch costs $8, and the last day to register is Sunday, December 11. We can’t wait to see you there!
Adults 50+ Mission Trip to Gleanings for the Hungry
Nov 13–18, 2022
Mission Trip To Gleanings For The Hungry
Come be part of this mission trip to Gleanings for the Hungry in Dinuba, California, November 13 – 18, 2022. On this 5-day trip we “glean” cull fruits and vegetables and package soup mix, perform maintenance tasks, and make quilts. RV parking, bungalows for couples, families, and singles are available.
GriefShare is a 13-week grief recovery and support group designed to help those who have experienced loss journey from mourning to joy.
We have a new session of GriefShare beginning Thursday, August 25, at 10am, at Purpose Church, in Room H107. Workbooks cost $20.
- A Time of Prayer—Join our Prayer Team every Sunday in the Prayer Room to bless those who are hurting physically and emotionally with prayer.
- Bereavement Team—Prepare luncheons after funerals to comfort those who’ve lost loved ones.
- Funeral Team—Assist families before, during and after funeral services by setting up floral arrangements, greeting & directing guests.
- Hospital Visitation—Visit church members while they are in the hospital. Encourage them with kind words while being a friendly face during their time of need.
- Set-Up, Serve, and Clean-Up—Help with set-up, serving, or clean-up for 50+ monthly Luncheons, Resource Days and other special events.
- V.I.P.S. (Volunteers in Pastoral Service)—Provide comfort to the home-bound by administer compassion, companionship, care, prayer, and communion to these “Blessed Ones”.